REGULATIONS FOR SENDING ABSTRACTS
Abstracts can be submitted from 20 February to 20 May
ABSTRACTS SHOULD BE SENT THROUGH THE ON-LINE SYSTEM:
A. General rules
1. The deadline for modifying and submitting abstracts is 20 May, 2019 at 23:59 hours.
2. It should be indicated to which main topic the abstract is being presented. Main Topics:
- Clinical Health
- Integrative and Traditional Medicine
- Biological Practices
- Complementary and Integrative Health
3. The maximum number of authors for the abstract is limited to 6.At least one of the authors of the accepted abstract must be registered in the congress and have paid the corresponding fee before 30 July.
4. A maximum of 3 abstracts can be accepted by the same main author. The abstracts can be sent in Spanish or English. Make sure that your abstract does not contain spelling or grammar errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as it is sent.
5. On 1 July at the latest, the main author will be notified by email whether the abstract has been accepted or rejected, and whether it will be presented orally or as a poster. The Scientific Committee will decide the final format (oral or poster) in which the submitted papers will be presented. This means that the formats sent by the authors can be modified.
If the scientific committee indicates that the abstract needs some corrections, the authors will have a single opportunity to send a new version of the summary according to the suggestions and corrections made by the scientific committee.
6. The day and time that the works will be presented will depend on the thematic area, and can be consulted in the program.
7. The name and affiliation of the authors should not appear in the title or abstract text. In any case, the scientific committee will evaluate it without identification.
8. The accepted abstracts can be consulted on the congress website.
9. Sending an abstract to the congress supposes the acceptance of the rules of the present call. The Scientific Committee’s decisions about the communications are unappealable. The organization will reject the abstracts that do not follow the above rules.
10. As a general rule, abstracts in which the commercial name of the therapeutic products appears will not be accepted. In case of doubt the decision of acceptance or not will be of the scientific committee.
Corrections to the abstracts cannot be accepted after the deadline.
- First prize for the best oral communication
- Prize for finalist oral communication
- First prize for the best poster
- Finalist poster award
To qualify for the prize it is essential that the work is original, and has not been published, or been previously awarded a prize, although these works can participate in the congress with the aim of dissemination.
B. Form and contents
It is necessary to correctly complete all the information requested in the online form:
- Structure of the abstract:
Abstract:maximum 300 words with the following format:
Objectives: identify clearly and precisely the purpose of the study.
Material and method: study population and selection criteria, sample size, variables and measurement methods.
- Structure of the study
Background – Objectives
Problem description – Material and method
Results and Discussion
Bibliography: Vancouver style
ABSTRACTS ACCEPTED IN ORAL COMMUNICATION FORMAT
- The oral communications will have 10 minutes to be presented. An author can only present one work in ORAL format, although can be co-author of other abstracts.
- The presentation should be made in PowerPoint format, which needs to be delivered in a pen drive with a clearly identified file when the congress documentation is collected.
- A PowerPoint template will be made available to the authors privately to facilitate the design of the presentation. The first slide, at least, should have the congress image.
ABSTRACTS ACCEPTED IN POSTER FORMAT
- The posters should be presented on paper with a maximum size of 120cm x 90cm.
- The poster must have the congress image shown at the top. This image will be made available privately to the authors.
- The poster must contain the sections: title, authors, institution, keywords and content.
- Content: Introduction, objectives, material and method, results (these should occupy most of the poster, they can be presented as tables, graphs, figures and photos) and conclusions (the most important part, they should be brief and clear). Updated bibliography.
- The necessary material will be available in the poster area of the Congress so that the authors can place their poster on the corresponding panels.